OFFICE PROFESSIONALS & TECHNICIANS
The Office Professionals & Technicians (OPT) in Bluewater support 16,200 students and 3,000 permanent and casual employees. The Office Professionals and Technicians form one of the supporting pillars in the school community.
They are the first point of contact for students, parents, community partners, providing support for administrators, teachers and other support staff, to ensure the best learning environment possible in Bluewater.
Office Professionals & Technicians ensure the safe arrival and departure of every student. They are the liaison between bus companies, parents and students. Office Professionals take their role very seriously in assisting with the safety of Bluewater District School Board students.
Staff in central administration offices work behind the scenes to support the education system. Student records, ministry reporting, and teacher/employee administrative systems are dependent on the expertise of these team members.
Technicians install and maintain a high-speed wide area network that connects all Bluewater work sites as well as over 5899 laptops/desktops, 2110 tablets and 144 servers. Technicians are also responsible for installation and maintenance of central systems.
Education Information Rally!
Thursday, February 7, 2019
3:30 to 4:30 pm
In front of MPP Bill Walker’s
920 1st Avenue West, Owen Sound
• Join OSSTF members and other education workers at information rallies at MPPs’ offices across Ontario.
• As a courtesy to the tenants of the building, please do not park in the lot at 920 1st Ave. W. Please park in
municipal parking along the river or at City Hall.
• Public washrooms are available at the Owen Sound Public Library.
• We will have signs, flags, and leaflets to distribute.
• This is a peaceful information rally.
All are welcome!